The Internet of Things is one of the pillars of the digital transformation of cities, since it offers an economic and scalable infrastructure for the deployment of large data recovery systems and service automation on which to base the strategic plans of cities.
The Open Source technology of Thinger.io provides a transversal technology, capable of connecting to any sensor, device or data source and adaptable to all the service verticals of the city, which allows aggregation through state-of-the-art solutions such as artificial intelligence, predictive analysis, big data, and social big data, which allows taking optimal decisions.
There are multiple implementations such as:
- Environmental monitoring (pollution, meteorology)
- Monitoring/Automation of public infrastructure
- Waste collection efficiency
- Efficiency in water and energy management
- Digital City and Citizen Participation (reports) and intelligent tourism, zone density (parks, streets, beaches)
- Traffic Monitoring and Management
- Real-time public transport location and occupancy rate
Different communications technologies can be found that should be implemented depending on the needs of each vertical. As Thinger.io is hardware and network agnostic, it is possible to integrate everyone and aggregate data with third-party data sources.
The smart city has a great impact on sustainability and efficiency in the use of energy resources, watering, services and spaces. It is possible to develop intelligent tourism in which the information obtained through IoT infrastructures is a seal of quality in the long term.